THEY DON’T CALL IT THE “DISTRICT OF CRIMINALS” FOR NUTHIN’
By Jack Mosel
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year…
Can you guess which organization this is?
Give up yet?
It’s the 535 members of the United States Congress.
The same group that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line!
There should be a background check for criminal activity if one is going to be in charge of running our country… oh no – wait – actually, every member of Congress does have to go through an exhaustive background check before taking office. They seem to get themselves in trouble after taking office. Then they stay in office. And get in more trouble.
Think it might be time to throw the bums out yet?
We need a top-to-bottom housecleaning in Washington D.C.
Voting for a new president this year is a start in the right direction, but that alone is not enough. So when the midterms come around in 2010, you know what to do, America!
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the above editorial are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., or the owners of this website. You may contact the author directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.